Cyber Crime Investigation
Categories of cyber crime
Computer as a Target
Computer as a Weapon
Technical aspects of Cyber crime
There are some technical aspects which includes the misusage of the system without having authority to use it.
Unauthorized access & Hacking
By hacking web server taking control on another person website called as web hijacking.
Trojans come in two parts, a Client part and a Server part. When the victim (unknowingly) runs the server on its machine, the attacker will then use the Client to connect to the Server and start using the Trojan.TCP/IP protocol is the usual protocol type used for communications, but some functions of the Trojans use the UDP protocol as well.
E-mail & IRC related crimes
1. Email spoofing refers to email that appears to have been originated from one source when it was actually sent from another source. Please Read.
2. Email “spamming” refers to sending email to thousands and thousands of users – similar to a chain letter.
3. Sending malicious codes through email–
E-mails are used to send viruses, Trojans etc through emails as an attachment or by sending a link of website which on visiting downloads malicious code.
4. E-mail “bombing” is characterized by abusers repeatedly sending an identical email message to a particular address.
- Sending threatening emails
- Defamatory emails
- Email frauds
- IRC related
Three main ways to attack IRC are: “verbalââ¦£8218;?Å¦#8220; attacks, clone attacks, and flood attacks.
Virus and Worm attack
Denial of Service attacks
- Attempts to “flood” a network, thereby preventing legitimate network traffic.
- Attempts to disrupt connections between two machines, thereby preventing access to a service.
- Attempts to prevent a particular individual from accessing a service.
- Attempts to disrupt service to a specific system or person.